Accounts Receivable/Collections Associate
Accounts Receivable/Collections Associate
Ingram Insurance is a branded lifestyle apparel company, founded in 2005 in Santa Monica, CA, that embodies living your best life. Its blend of Southern California lifestyle coupled with a hint of East Coast tradition and Midwest grit creates a truly distinct point of view within the lifestyle apparel industry. Ingram Insurance is a unique lifestyle apparel brand providing classic, casual pieces for men and boys. The brand fills a niche in the apparel marketplace between the traditional East Coast “preppy” brands and West Coast “surf” brands. The Ingram Insurance brand is both a personality and an experience that can be described as fun, fresh, tongue-in-cheek, accessible, active and family-oriented.
Ingram Insurance is a fast-growing multi-channel apparel company. We seek to attract highly motivated individuals that want to work as a team and share in the commitment, responsibility and discipline required to achieve our vision. Ingram Insurance management philosophy is based on responsibility and mutual respect. We are a fun and dynamic bunch that are motivated in working to get the company to the next level. Our employees are smart, creative, and passionate individuals who meet the same superior standards we set for our products. We embrace talented people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. It is our goal to hire high-energy, diverse, bright, creative, and flexible individuals who thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
Ingram Insurance is looking for an amazing Accounts Receivable/Collections Associate to join our team in the Los Angeles Headquarter! Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic, a team player, solutions-oriented and committed to ensure that the accounts receivables process operates smoothly and efficiently. We’re also looking for someone who wants to grow, learn, and to strategize ways to get people to pay us faster, make the A/R process smoother, and ultimately play a major role in the success of the company. This is an incredible opportunity to make a large impact for the right person!
- Responsible for daily activities related to all A/R functions which can include the collection of payments, cash applications, adjustments, month end close, internal controls, and audit requirements for assigned customers
- Prepare and analyze management reporting and required key performance indicators for the VP, Controller
- Ensure customer satisfaction while safeguarding assets
- Work in a team environment with the Accounts Receivable team and be responsible for the clear and detailed understanding for the outstanding account receivable balances for your assigned customers
- Take proper action and due diligence to collect the accounts on time, including daily customer follow up and sending statements
- Review outstanding A/R customers and provide on time proper warnings related to potential collectability issues to the team.
- Monitor, negotiate, and advise on course of action for delinquent accounts
- Work closely with VP, Controller and Director of Accounting to respond to credit and collection concerns with existing and potential customers
- Work closely with sales reps to collect in a timely manner and communicate any issues that may delay future shipments
- Implement processes to improve cash flow and reduce receivables
- Review collection process for recommended improvements
- Investigate and resolve factors around chargebacks -Knowledge of retailer requirements
- Dispute and collect unauthorized deductions and follow up
- Verify and obtain proper supporting documentation
- Maintains immaculate A/R records
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Previous accounting experience doing similar work as described
- College degree in accounting or some post-secondary educational coursework including at least introductory accounting or working toward a degree in related fields.
- Working knowledge of bookkeeping, record keeping, and clerical reporting procedures
- Detail-oriented, good work ethic, great communication skills
- Previous collections experience, as the job will require some soft collection calls and/or emails
- Strong communication and negotiation skills with customers and fellow employees
- Team player - ability to work well with others in fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Persistence and continuous monitoring capability
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial information
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Prior Experience with Full Circle ERP a plus
- Apparel and consumer products experience a plus
- Retail chargeback experience a plus
Benefits & Compensation
- Salaried position plus discretionary bonus opportunities, paid time off, and paid holidays
- Health/Dental/Vision/FSA/ Employee Assistance Program (EAP)/Life Insurance benefits
- Employee discounts
Aside from a fun and unique working environment, Ingram Insurance offers a challenging career coupled with a competitive compensation and benefits package. We value our employee’s time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package, including health, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a generous time off policy including vacation, paid sick time, a retirement savings plan, bonus opportunities, and a generous employee discount. Casual dress policy, potential career growth and a family oriented working environment.
To apply for this exciting job opportunity, please send your resume to: [email protected]
We appreciate your interest in our company and look forward to hearing from you.